Artworks by Humera Ali
About Humera Ali
Humera Ali is a Bangalore based artist, who has studied in reputed institutions of Bishop Cottons Girls High School, Bangalore for her schooling, and continued her ISC in the same institution. She then pursued a graduation at Mount Carmel College , where she chose literature, psychology and economics as her subjects in B.A degree.
She wanted to be a journalist but life took another turn and she out of her strong views, tried to express her thoughts through abstraction in art. She is a self taught passion driven artist, who was later mentored by legendary artist JMS Mani .She is a strong advocate of conservation of environment and her artworks try to convey her language of abstraction to art patrons through her bold strokes of expression . Her collections are now adorning in South Carolina, USA, Sydney, Dubai, Singapore and Canada. Her works are also bought by Bangalore based architects for interiors and hotels for their projects. Her artwork is also a collection of a private museum. She has showcased her artworks in a variety of shows Nationally and in International Art Forum.
She has also done CSR activities by giving Art Therapy to children with chronic illnesses such as liver transplants ,at Aster CMI hospital Bangalore, in giving them a healing touch and helping in their treatments through art, and also done wall murals for revamping a slum classroom for poor children in a remote school on the outskirts of Bangalore.
She has participated in different variety of art shows and exhibition which are as follows:
- Online group show “celebrating the spirit of womanhood” , 8th march to 22nd march 2021, Mumbai.
- Online group art show “Discover the Undiscovered“, at The American Club, Singapore, 8th January to 4th March 2021.
- Online group show “ Festival of colors” , 25th October 2020, Dubai
- Group Show at Singapore, at ION Gallery , titled ‘’ If Walls Could Speak ‘’, February 1st to 11th , 2020
- Solo exhibition “Waves Of Imagination “ is at MKF Museum of Art, Bangalore from 30th November 2019 to 18th December 2019.
- Exhibited at World Art Dubai, at Dubai World Trade centre ,April 2019
- Group show at 8th All India Women Artists Contemporary Art exhibition held on 16th April 2019 at Punjab university, Chandigarh
- Solo show at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath ,on” Conservation of Environment “ December 2018
- Group show at Rangoli Metro, Art for charity show, Bangalore ,September 2018
- Exhibited at World Art Dubai, at Dubai World Trade Centre ,April 2018
- Group show at Venkatappa art gallery , “FUZON “Bangalore, February 2018
- Group show at Art Houz gallery ,”ART FUSION “ Bangalore , October 2017
- International group show at Budapest,” DANUBE-GANGES “Hungary,September 2017
- All India painting competition ,”PAINT MY THOUGHTS “ Delhi, April 2017
- Group show with Spandan international
” RHYTHM OF COLOURS “ at Karnataka Chitrakala Praishath, May 2017