Focus Areas: Landscapes, Nature, etc.
Artworks by Shilpa Khadakbhavi
About Shilpa Khadakbhavi
Born on 21 February 1976 in Artist Family in Davangere Started painting since childhood from the age of three 1979 with artist parents’ guidance.
• Obtained Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art (B.F.A.) Painting from University College of Fine Arts, Davangere in 1997.
• Scholarship from Karnataka Lalithakala Academy, Bangalore.
• Member of the Bombay Art Society, Mumbai.
• Trained by Artist Father Mr. T. V. Ganeshgudi in Landscapes (Water Colour) Trained by an eminent artist Mr. K. B. Kulkarni in Life Study (Figurative) and Portraits.
1. Solo Show in Kannada Sahitya Bhavan, 1999.
2. KLE Convention Centre, Belagavi, 2016
3. Dakoji Art Gallery, Belagavi, 2015 & 2016.
4. Belgaum Women Artist Art Show, Belagavi 31″ May 2015.
5. World Art Day, Group Show in Dharwad 15 April 2016.
6. Karnataka & Culture Department, Belagavi. 13″ March 2016.
7. State Gallery of Art, Telangana Formation Day 1″ June 2016.
8. Gulmohar Bagh Group art show in Mahaveer Bhavan- 2018
9. “Art for Charity” Series of Painting Exhibitions from 20th August to 4th September 2019 from Gulmohar Bagh
10. Art show at Studio Arcane – 2020
11. 84th Akhila Bharat Kannada Sahitya Sammelana, Dharwad. 2019
1. Merit Award, Mysore Dasara Art Exhibition 1995, 1997.
2. All India Camel Colour Contest 1988, 1989.
3. Government of Karnataka Griha Rakshak Dal’s Painting Competition 1988.
4. Karnataka Rajya Vigyan Parishat’s Painting Competition 1989.
5. Chitradurga District Level Painting Competition 1″ Prize in 1990.
6. The Bharat Scouts and Guides, Karnataka 1990.
7. State Government’s world Literacy Day. 1* Prize in Rangoli Competition 1995.
8. Participated in many painting competitions right from the childhood from 1982 in Rotary Club, Loins Club, Leo Club, Rotaract Club, MCC Youth Club etc. and received many prizes.
• Participated in Millennium function created an art work to welcome the year 2000, in a function organized by Drushyakala Sahitya Parishat Karnataka, Bengaluru. Sahitya Samvaad, Belagavi.
• Attended artist camp at Suvarna Karnataka Kalamela Bengaluru, organized by Kannada and Culture Department, done 3 Portraits which are in the collection of Karnataka Lalitakala Academy in 2007.
• Attended Artist Camp Organized by Karnataka Lalitakala Academy in Mysore in March 2015 submitted three Landscapes to the KLA.
1. National Folk Artist camp at Mathura (U.P.) National interstate artist cultural exchange program.
2. State artist camp at Madikeri by Karnataka Lalithkala Academy, Bangalore 1993. Done many Watercolour Landscapes.
3. Water Colour Artist camp at Nandi Hills by Karnataka Chitrakala Parishat, Bangalore in 1991. Done many Watercolour Landscapes.
4. 84th Akhila Bharat Kannada Sahitya Sammelana, Dharwad. 2019
1. Group show by Belgaum ladies artist group 2014, 2015.
2. Group show at Kalamela. Venkatappa Art Gallery, Bengaluru 2003.
3. Group shows at University College of Fine Arts Davangere from 1993 to 1997.
4. Mysore Dasara Art Exhibition 1994, 1995 1997.
5. Organized art exhibition for my students for “Children’s Day’ on November 14 1996 in Vanita Samaj, Davangere, which was a grand success.
6. Solo Art Show called Creations’ a tribute to my Artist Father Mr. T. V. Ganeshgudi in April 1998 in Kannada Sahitya Bhavan in Belagavi.
7. Organized art exhibition for my students at Kannada Sahitya Bhavan, Belagavi 2004.
8. Organized an art exhibition for my students of Creations Fine Art Class’ in Vagmaya Charcha Mandal, Belagavi in 2013 which was a grand success.
9. Organized an art exhibition for my students of Creations Fine Art Class in Ananda Art Gallery Belagavi in 2017 with grand success.
10. “Art for Charity” Series of Painting Exhibitions from 20th August to 4th September 2019 from Gulmohar Bagh.
1. Kamatak Lalitakala Academy, Three oil painting portraits of the Kannadigas who fought in Karnataka Ekikaran Samiti 2005.
2. South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagpur 1998.
3. In 1999, Maharashtra Sadan purchased a watercolour landscape which is in New Delhi.
4. AIFACS New Delhi, ART Today Magazine.
5. Foreigners in Hampi purchased many watercolour landscape on the spot.
6. Two oil painting and few pencil sketches at Redding, California.
7. Water Colour landscapes are at Maidenhead, London.
8. Many paintings are in private collection and abroad.
LECTURE & DEMONSTRATION:
1. Action aid Karnataka Project, Jagalur.
2. St. Paul’s Convent School, Davangere.
1. Interested in making Terracotta sculptures, wooden sculptures, Terracotta Ornaments.
2. Undergone training in terracotta at Regional Design Centre Bangalore.
3. Being invited by private schools and colleges for judging in art competitions in Belagavi.
4. Attended Fevicryl Painting Teacher’s Training Course in Davangere, organized by Pidilite Industries Private Limited in 1996. 5. Feliciated by Karnataka Vishwakarama Sahitya Kala Academy Bangalore for Talented Vishwakarma students in 1992.