Focus Areas: Abstracts
Artworks by Ishwari Manolikar
About Ishwari Manolikar
Ishwari comes from Parbhani, Maharashtra. She has completed her Master of Fine Art in “Painting” from Government College of Art and Design, Aurangabad.
Her paintings are minimalist. Her focus is more experimentation, working without lots of colours and objects, composition and texture of lines. She uses different types of lines like horizontal, vertical, slanting. Trying to experiment with textures, composition and colours, she always try to put importance to lines.
In her paintings she has represented lines as our thoughts. These lines are the metaphor of an individual having different thought processes. She believes that the quality of our thinking determines the quality of our life. We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we think that they are. Beauty is in our thoughts. Mind wants to see and control everything around us. Everything around seems connected to each other and yet remains aloof in reality. Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own thoughts. This state of mind is essential. Repetitive lines achieve a specific effect in her works. She used different types of lines repetitively in different arrangements, resulting as a silent dialogue with our own thoughts. These lines in her paintings are of different kinds and gives experience to the viewer to interact with their thoughts and calm their mind.
This continuous process of self analysis makes an individual a better person and more focused.
● M.F.A. Drawing and Painting Government school of art and design, Aurangabad. (final year)
● B.F.A. Drawing and painting Government school of art and design, Aurangabad. (April 2016)
● A.T.D. Directorate of art July 2012
● H.S.C. February 2010
● S.S.C. March 2008
● A.T.D. 1st-year consolation
● B.F.A. 1st year Annual art exhibition – consolation
● B.F.A. 2nd year Annual art exhibition – consolation
● B.F.A. 3rd year Annual art exhibition – consolation
● B.F.A. 4th year Annual art exhibition – consolation
● Shree Anil Uttamrao Gajhans award
● M/S Kokuyo Camlin Ltd.Award for best entry at the 102nd Annual art exhibition held at the Jehangir art gallery, Mumbai. (2020) (The Art Society of India)
Group Shows and Participation:
● “IMPRESSION” Monicart Gallery Koparkhairane, Mumbai. (2016)
● 38th Monsoon art show- Jehangir art gallery, Mumbai. (2016)
● Bombay art society, Mumbai. (2016)
● 15th Chitrasanthe, organized by Karnataka Chitrakala Paristhan, Bengaluru. (2017)
● The Art Society of India (2020)
● 60th Maharashtra State art exhibition (2019-2020)
● Dakkhan Kala Manch (2019-2020)
● ” Sambhavanayen-2020″ national online art exhibition organized by Sambhavana Kala Manch, Gazipur, Uttar Pradesh. (August 2020)
● ” CritiqueX ” International Online Art Exhibition 2020.( October 2020)
● Sfumato International Online Art Exhibition 2020 , organized by ” Arte Estetica “associate with mouryan corporation and sponsored by artesse gallery Italy. (October 2020)
● Lts – Come Together online exhibition 2020. ( October 2020)
● ” NIRANTAR ” third International online art exhibition 2021. ( January 2021)
● ” Agyeya ” international online solo show 2021.
● Print making workshop Bharati Kala Mahavidyalaya, Pune (2016)
● Painting workshop at “Malati art gallery” Aurangabad.