Focus Areas: Ghat, Cities, etc.
Artworks by Reena Singh
About Reena Singh
BFA (Painting) – 2011
Selections and Exhibitions:
1. Group show at college of Arts and crafts, Patna (2008,2009,2010 & 2011).
2. International Art Exhibition at Monalisa Kalagram, Pune , 2019.
3. Group show at Kala Spandan in Neharu Centre, Mumbai, 2019.
4. Cash Award in online art exhibition & competition “ Salute to Corona Warriors” organised by Aakriti Art Foundation -2020
5. Bronze medal in national online art exhibition “Sambhavanayen-2020” organised by Sambhavana Kala Manch.
6. National exhibition of paintings presented by Whiterose Movement “FOR THE KISANS and LOVE THE NEIBHOUR ” Curated by Sathyapal Aravindakshan.
7. Work selection in Tagore National Exhibition of Paintings 2020.
8. Solo Online Art Exhibition of VIMOHI 2020.
9. Online Art Exhibition of Bhojpuri : The Soul of Millions – 2020.
10. Silver medal in 27 Art Point National Online Art Competition – 2020.
Brief Description of My Art Works:
I was born and brought up in a middle class family in Patna district of Bihar, therefore, I got a bright opportunity to observe and watch the lifestyles of lower middle classes and lower classes. Their simple lifestyles and struggles always attracted me which I use to portray in my artworks. The everlasting struggles and life survival problems of labourers, who used to make the tallest buildings/ irrigation works and farmers, who used to fulfil the food essentials for general public are never ending, yet their self beliefs and confidence are never reduced & ended, which has always motivated me.
It is pertinent to mention that the modern lifestyles and scarcity of essential requirements makes lives stronger. Therefore, I believe that simple black & white and deem colours show more clarity and inspiring, which I mostly use in my most of drawings/ paintings. The problems of daily lives, resistance to survive and fight against, struggle for survival of life and basic needs including food stuffs. The art of living with these scarcities, inspire me like true feelings of the nature. In which, there is a new struggle and motivation for resolution of the problems every day. It is therefore, I am much attracted towards such topics in my artworks characters from my surroundings, daily routine lives and lifestyles of common people.