Focus Areas: Abstracts
Artworks by Rupali Roy
About Rupali Roy
My journey of life has gone through different phases. First as a dancer, studied classical dance in Uday Shankar India Culture Centre, specialized in Katthak and participated in different conferences of Indian Classical dance featuring Pt. Bhimsen Joshi and Pt. Ravi Shankar. But destiny stood in the way. Met with an accident in…. and my course of journey took a different turn.
A graduate in Humanities from the University of Calcutta, side by side with dancing, I have a deep passion for painting since my childhood. I got formal training under eminent artist Ashit Paul for 5 years and Samir Aich for 3 years.
My works are based on Abstract Landscapes intertwined different aspects of nature with their similarity in human psyche. I also work on realism bordering a bit of surrealism.
My body of work also includes Cover Design of Books, interior designing of houses and institutions and illustration for Aarshi Nagar Patrika. Currently, I am working on sculptures on different mediums. I am the director of Dhii Foundation of Art & Music and proprietor of Dhii Artworks & Interior.
Participations, Group Exhibitions & Awards:
• Oil Painting workshop organized by Birla Academy, 2009
• Sunil Art Gallery, Kolkata, 2010
• Karnataka Chitrakala Parishatha, Bengaluru, 2011
• Birla Academy of Art & Craft, Kolkata, 2011
• Exhibition at Hotel Hindusthan International, Kolkata, 2012
• Collage workshop at Academy of Fine Arts, 2013
• Group exhibition at Birla Academy of Art & Culture, 2013
• Group exhibition at Academy of Fine Arts, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
• Group exhibition at Chemould Gallery, 2014
• Solo exhibition at Academy of Fine Arts, 2017
• Terracotta Workshops at Purulia, 2016 & Samir Aich Academy, 2017
• Woodcut Workshop at Samir Aich Academy, 2017
• Mural workshop at Samir Aich Academy, 2018
• Invitee Artist at Galerie La Mère, Freedom 2018
• Group Exhibition at Aumortyo, 2018
• Invitee artist at International Exhibition at Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Dhaka, 2018
• Invitee Art Instructor at Art Workshop organized by Rongpur Charukala Academy, Bangladesh 2018
• Dokra workshop Kolkata 2019
• Invitee Artist at Parama 2019 at Galerie La Mère
• Group exhibition Montmartre – Tribute to 100 years of Sunil Pal, 2019
• Invitee Artist at International group exhibition at S N Sultan Mela at Jessore, Bangladesh 2019
• Invitee Artist at International Exhibition Charukala Anushad , Bangladesh 2019
• Sponsored solo exhibition at Gallery Chitrabhasa, Chittagong Bangladesh 2019
• Sponsored group exhibition at Gallery Arttism, Kolkata 2019
• Terracotta Worskhop, December 2019
• The Best award in SM Sultan Mela, Norail, Bangladesh 2020
• 9th All-India Women Artist Exhibition by Artscape India, 2020
• Online art exhibition organised by shree kalakkshetra , Andhr pradesh , India ,2020
• Online art exihibition of Dhaka , Bangladesh , 2020
• Online art exhibition organised by Mrinmoy Art Gallery , Chattagram , Bangladesh , 2020
• Painting selected for 65th Live International Painting Symposium, “5th Paris Art Fair,informed by Zervas Art, vide email dtd.01/01/2019.
• My painting “The Puppet” had selected by ITSLIQUID GROUP, for Venice Art Fair,informed vide emai dtd.09/06/2020.
• Online art exhibition of art curator Franesi Pietro , New York Gallery , 2020
• Online International Art Exhibition organised by DAG.
• Online Solo Art Exhibition as invitee artist by reputed group of 50 years ‘Achin Potua ‘ on March 2021
• Painting awarded in silver Category by Kalaratnam , 2020
• Wall Painting Workshop organized by Alameeb Mediart Lab , kolkata , 2021