Focus Areas: Woman, Figures, etc.
Artworks by Sapna Jain
About Sapna Jain
Art is the fragrance of my existence I am a self-taught Dubai based Indian artist. To sum up what art means to me is difficult as I do not see my existence without my colors; the moment I slather the colors on my canvas the entire universe at that moment shrinks to just my canvas, the feeling is ecstatic and spiritual. I started my art journey three years back portraits did not inspire me, but I admire portrait artists I wanted to explore my own style and abstract art naturally inspires me, it evokes a string of emotions.
My works are exploration of lines and layers of colors, I not only use layers of colors but create a visual create of stories and emotions, my work depicts positive confluence of human emotions- feminism, children and family.
The highlights of my paintings are detailed hairdo and couture in which my characters dress up on the canvas; I have come a long way to consider myself an artist- what defines me as an artist is my ability to articulate inner voice through art and tell an original story
Art is a very subjective term, and I am glad that I can convey my feelings and emotions through my form. someone once told me don’t leave your style sooner or later the world will recognize you, and here I am with many exhibitions, to my credit from exhibiting in India, London, Dubai and even for royal families to winning awards and selling paintings,
Now few people are of opinion that adding sold artworks to your profile makes it look like a marketplace, but I stand to differ I believe it adds to the confidence of the artist and gives a strong message that the world is accepting your way of expression. To my happiness I have sold more than 50 paintings in a span of 3 years and done lots of commission work too. The feedback of my art that my collectors give, inspires me to continue my journey.
Exhibitions and awards:
- Participated in exhibition in cartoon art gallery under theme ‘selfless love’ 2017
- Successfully commissioned a project for Dr. Dilip Ghankari under project Ajala advanced gold coast Australia.
- Commissioned painting for Madhu Vaishnav for project Saheli women
- Painting listed in Ahlan gallery London
- Participated in exhibition in “the workshop” Jumeirah 2017
- Participated in exhibition tryp by Wadhwan 2018
- Made a winning entry in Ras Al Khaimah fine art festival (prestigious festival in field of art) 2018.
- Participated in exhibition in “Sheraton hotel” Sharjah.
- Participated in world art Dubai 2019.
- Won second price in art competition by artezien gallery Delhi
- Worked with children of special needs (SNDF center Dubai)
- Participated in exhibition in Arab cultural society Sharjah 2018 ,2019
- Member of emirates cultural art
- Featured in calendars of “little India foundation ” Delhi 2019
- Worked for little India foundation as Dubai head and art curator. Now resigned.
- Received second place in “IFA jury awards”
- Featured in “art affairs” (largest circulated art magazine)
- Received certificate for outstanding artist from His Excellency Suhail Mohd. Al Zarooni
- Did lot of commission work, sold globally in Japan, Singapore, Australia, London and Dubai
- Artwork featured on novel cover written by Shri. Pushparthi Atul Srivastva.
- Featured in and on the cover of the national magazine of UAE – Friday Magazine. https://fridaymagazine.ae/life-culture/people-profiles/all-in-a-day-s-work-meet-uae-s-multitalented-and-multitasking-homemakers-1.2311347